December 3, 2011

Bburago Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR - Part 1

I found this kit by pure chance the other day while exploring a model shop that I stumbled upon while cruising around University Place. So what is so significant about this kit? This past August I got to see Stirling Moss and the Mille Miglia 300 SLR in person. This kit will be a good reminder of the great day we enjoyed at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. I will post photos of the completed model on a future post as I am working on it as time allows... :-P

P.S. Visiting this store ended being like going on a treasure hunt as there is a huge variety of rare and interesting models, diecast, and action figures. Looking forward to going back for more.

UPDATE 12/9/11: Part 2 showing the assembled engine and chassis and Part 3 displaying the complete model are now available elsewhere on the blog.