October 12, 2011

LEGO 10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van - Part 1

Back in August I saw a story on the VWVortex about a new Lego model of the VW T1 Camper Van. I was blown away by the incredible amount of detail. Yesterday they came out with another posting about a this dude that had done a very cool time lapse video of the assembly process (see at the end of the post).

Update 10/15/11: The completed model is available on a separate post...

Now, some of you know from a previous post that I have a Lego model or two. They are just a great outlet for busy hands. This afternoon I walked past a Lego store and there it was front and center. I mean if you are a VW fan, you got to have one of these. I just could not resist. So...

One followed me Home...

The graphics on the box by themselves will make this package a collectible. You'll see...

Great double shot front and rear...

Hmmm... That is a LOT of little parts...

There are also a couple of decals to complete the detail.

THAT is a pile of bricks...

TWO volumes of instructions? That's just crazy!

I think I will just follow this cool time lapse video...