December 23, 2010

From My Attic - Dinky Thunderbird 2 and 4

The trip down memory lane continues. This time with the Thunderbird 2. With it's huge cargo pod used to deliver the Thunderbird 4 and other rescue tools for the International Rescue organization, the Thunderbird 2 was my favorite ship of the 1966 Gerry Anderson's Supermarionation TV show - Thunderbirds.

My Thunderbird 2 is the fourth version produced by Dinky and so it is not exactly the right color (the TV version is green). It was purchased at Heathrow airport on my way back from London sometime in the mid-1970's. It is incredible that it is still following me around after all these years. It still even has the Thunderbird 4 inside the cargo pod! This thing has been catching dust in my curio for as long as I can remember. It was time to put it to work ;-)