December 25, 2011

Christmas Memories - GI Joe Mobile Support Vehicle

Christmas 1972. You opened the Sears Wish Book catalog and there it was. Possibly THE coolest vehicle ever made available to the G.I. Joe Adventure Team! A two foot long mobile headquarters complete with a rotating search light and radar antenna. A flying reconnaissance camera helped the team to search for the dangerous "radioactive satellite".

I have to say it is just an absoute miracle that mine is still around after almost four decades! I have to thank my mother for the foresight of keeping it around all these years! It is a bit worn as it is the fate of any "favorite" toy. The result of all those memorable times all those years ago. But after a thorough cleaning it was ready for one last reunion with some of the surviving members of the Adventure Team.

Happy holidays!!

Members of the Adventure Team got together for one last reunion in the back yard.

Sears Wish Book add. Is that a prototype I see on that photo???

More than a toy, it is a reminder of good times with the friends that helped to shape my life...

On to the next adventure...